We can hardly believe that our Madeline is 18 months old today! It's funny, because personally I did not feel overly emotional at her one year birthday, but I'm finding that I'm feeling very sentimental at this point between one and two years old. It seemed like the six months after her first birthday went by so quickly! I think it is because we've seen so much progression with Madeline over this time.
She went from saying about 6 words at 12 months to speaking about two dozen words and signing over forty now. Not only can she walk, but she can run and climb and is learning to jump. She's gained so much dexterity since her first birthday. She feeds herself, preferring a fork over her hands for utensils. She can turn handles on doors, buckle straps, almost turn caps back on bottles, work a big nob puzzle, help get herself dressed and the list continues. We really feel like our little girl is growing up and developing into her own little person!
To celebrate her half birthday we had an outdoor tea party with two of Madeline's favorite guests: Eric Carle Lady Bug and Teddy Bear. It was a sweet event! Happy 18 months Maddie!
